ArmadilloCon is entirely volunteer-run. If you can spare a few hours, we’d really love your help! If desired, see below for more information on the work that volunteers do.
Kinds of Help Wanted Include:
- Reach out to businesses and publishers to solicit ads for the souvenir/program book. This can include those who have participated in the past (we have a list), and new people (get creative!).
- Reach out to businesses and publishers that might want to have booths in our Dealers Room. This can include those who have participated in the past (we have a list), and new people (get creative!).
- Communicate with the Treasurer to get people invoiced.
- Within a given budget, put together welcome gift baskets/bags for headline guests.
- Assist with travel arrangements, including airport pickup and drop-off of key guests.
Hospitality Suite Assistants
- Restock snacks, drinks, napkins, cups, disposable cutlery, hand sanitizer.
- Clean up and restock.
- We need a small crew to help load in and load out Art Show materials to go from storage to the convention via a trailer.
- Design and order a convention t-shirt, and possibly a poster and/or stickers.
- Use existing tools (MailPoet) to send out a newsletter to our subscribers.
Program Book Layout
- Use Adobe InDesign to arrange materials for the printed program book. We provide the Adobe subscription and template.
Program Operations (“Ops”)
- Make sure that the schedule posted at the door is correct.
- Clean up/set up presentation area between program items.
- See that the stage is correctly set up for the participants.
- Make sure the panel begins and ends on time.
- Respond to any problems that arise during the panel.
- Get things ready for the person who is managing the next item.
- Check first floor lounge area for neatness, and straighten if needed.
- Write, design and post publicity messages on our social media accounts to publicize the convention and the doings of our guests. We use an easy-to-learn tool, Adobe Express (subscription provided).
- Before the convention, work on design for this year’s badge.
- Prepare and assemble packets for attendees. (before con)
- Verify ID and issue packets for pre-registered individuals.
- Issue at-door registrations.
- Manage sales of convention t-shirts, other gear.
- Field queries from attendees.
- Contact the appropriate people to address needs or problems that arise.
- Restock any hand-outs.
- Post printed schedules each morning.
- Help track expenses. Assist with monthly reports, including the final report in September.
- The website could use improvement, don’t you think? Are you a WordPress user, or willing to learn?